I love seeing dreams come true! My dear friend Susan Faith has followed her dreams and is co-author of a new book launching in one week on March 27th!! Part of a #1 best-selling series, Women Who Influence features 30 authors with stories to uplift your soul.
It’s amazing what happens when women come together to inspire, ignite and empower other women!
Susan shares a beautiful and openhearted story of vulnerability, courage and strength. Through her journey of overcoming challenges and self-healing, Susan inspires women to speak out and ignite their power within.
I am so excited for Susan! I believe in supporting women with a positive and empowering message.
By ordering on Launch Day Only (March 27), you’ll also receive incredible Bonus downloads from at least 15 co-authors of this book. Susan’s bonus elevates you to self-love: Mirror Work: I Am Magnificent!
In the meantime, please follow Susan on her Facebook page by clicking here. The new Purple People website is in progress – take a look at the current website here.
It is with immense sadness that Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group reports that a tragic accident occurred last night, March 17, during a performance of its show VOLTA, in Tampa, Florida. While he was performing the aerial straps number, long-time aerialist, Yann Arnaud, fell onto the stage. Emergency procedures were immediately activated and Yann was transported to the nearest hospital, where he later passed away from his injuries.
"The entire Cirque du Soleil family is in shock and devastated by this tragedy. Yann had been with the company for over 15 years and was loved by all who had the chance to know him. Over the coming days and weeks, there focus will be on supporting Yann’s family and the r employees, especially the VOLTA team, as we go through these difficult times together", said Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.
They are currently gathering more information about this tragic event. And are offering a full and transparent collaboration to the authorities as they look into the circumstances of this accident.
The “magic touch” of the Italian entrepreneur Manuel Rebecchi, President and Owner of Cirque Italia, added to the flawless direction of the COO, Chanté DeMoustes, and has turned this once romantic project into a successful production known and acclaimed all over the country.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be amazed and transported to a fantastic realm where your deepest dreams can -and will- come true.
For more information visitwww.cirqueitalia.com and make sure to check all our social media accounts. Tickets can be purchased now starting at $10.00-$50.00 depending on availability. Cirque Italia offers one free child admission with every full-priced paying adult ticket in levels 2 or 3. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or deals. Please call941-704-8572 to find out the promo code for this location.
When: March 8-11
Where: 200 Towne Center Cir, Sanford, FL 32771
At: Seminole Towne Center
—Under the stunning White & Blue Big Top Tent
· March 8 – Thursday: 7:30pm
· March 9 – Friday: 7:30pm
· March 10 – Saturday: 1:30pm, 4:30pm, & 7:30pm
· March 11 – Sunday: 1:30pm, 4:30pm, & 7:30pm
Box office hours:
The box office opens on-site on Tuesday, the week of the show.
Non-show days: 10am – 6pm
On show days: 10 am – 9 pm
You can purchase tickets through our website (cirqueitalia.com/tickets) or by phone: (941) 704-8572. We also respond to text messages.
Do your research before funding any so called animal welfare organization or celebrity who wants you to fund a sanctuary or a politician who wants to make any new law concerning animals.
The idea of animals belonging in the wild instead of captivity is a long shared idea. Guess what? We would too. But the fact is there needs to be more protection and action from people for them to succeed. That means you need to recycle, research where your coffee comes from, give money to organizations that give vet services to wild animals and protective services to them. Sure, in our busy lives it’s a lot easier and simple to give $10 to PETA or HSUS and think you contributed to the cause. But it will take more than that. Those are also not the right groups. Their end goal is to take away animals from all human interaction. Neither group does much to help animals in the wild and that should be the focus. Because they will never succeed in the wild if we do not help create a wild for them.
To start creating laws restricting zoos and reputable circuses is not the answer. There are some good sanctuaries out there too but that is also a simple solution as opposed to a proper one. Most zoos are far more financially stable then many sanctuaries. That means better healthcare, better food, more enrichment and constant exhibit improvements to make the animals more comfortable and in some cases, a better chance for wild release.
From an educational standpoint, zoos and some circuses give great exposure to people of many amazing animal species. The thirteen years I worked for Ringling I can not tell you how many times I’ve introduced people to elephants, big cats and hoofstock. Those educational , personal interactions created a situation where people walked away with a better understanding of animal welfare, conservation efforts and the symbiotic relationships between people and animals. I invite you to look at old photos of zoos and then research modern zoo exhibits and you will see the improvements of animal care and their exhibits. Research the many, many research, breeding and conservation efforts created from zoos and aquariums. I include SeaWorld in this. Decades ago people would never have learned so quickly how intelligent orcas and dolphins are....or the struggle of manatees in our own country. That exposure created a lot of awareness. Their yearly rescue efforts and success are remarkable and should be complimented on.
Taking animals out of captivity and in the end...your homes.....is not the answer. The answer to be more aware of the struggles in the wild and to create a wild for animals to succeed in. The answer is to continue the success of animal ambassadors in captivity to bridge that special connection between animals and humans. In that way we can continue the education and awareness of our beloved animals in the wild.
As a kid, I loved animals. As an adult, I’ve dedicated my life to their care and survival. I hope in time you all will understand why. Please do your research so we do not lose the chance to maintain a wild for them to survive in or the opportunity to help them in captivity.
(This was taken from a long time anamal care giver)
Feld Entertainment Inc. and Universal Brand Development are collaborating on a groundbreaking, live-touring show inspired by one of the biggest blockbuster franchises in cinematic history, Jurassic World. Feld will concept, produce and tour the multi-year arena show, which is scheduled to launch fall 2019 in the United States and will continue globally, featuring a herd of life-size dinosaurs extending up to 40-feet long. Using state-of-the-art projection mapping, fans will be transported right onto Isla Nublar, and with the addition of sophisticated animatronics and performer-operated characters, the dinosaurs will literally be the biggest stars of the show as the story is told through human and dinosaur interaction.
Jurassic World, with a worldwide box-office gross of more than $1.67 billion, ranks as the fourth-biggest movie release of all time. The second installment in the film franchise - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom arrives in theaters on June 22, 2018 and the unique arena show will launch the following year. To bring this epic dinosaur world to life off the big screen, Feld Entertainment is breaking down the traditional arena barriers that typically exist between the audience and the live action. For the first time in an arena setting, fans will experience the epic wonder, thrills, awe and terror of the Jurassic Worldfranchise up close and in their hometown.
"Fans around the world continue to tell us they want more ways to experience Jurassic World, and the thrilling action and larger-than-life experience of this livearena tour gives them the opportunity to engage in an all new and exciting way," said Vince Klaseus, President, Universal Brand Development. "Feld Entertainment is best-in-class at creating spectacular live experiences, and this show is able to meet the high expectations of fans worldwide who are craving more interaction with Jurassic Worlddinosaurs."
"The live Jurassic World arena experience will create new ways for fans to engage with one of the world's most popular franchises," said Kenneth Feld, Chairman and CEO of Feld Entertainment. "Feld Entertainment has the expertise and experience to bring this iconic franchise to life through an innovative format in an immersive arena setting coupled with a unique narrative that includes iconic locations and fan favorite dinosaurs - creating edge-of-your-seat, live entertainment that is a mix between a stunt show and a 3-D thrill attraction."
Feld Entertainment will build and rehearse the live Jurassic World experience at their studios in Florida. Feld Entertainment Studios comprises more than 580,000 square feet and is the most innovative facility of its kind, with dedicated rehearsal space and on-site design and fabrication shops. Feld Entertainment is the world's largest producer of touring family spectaculars, with more than 5,000 performances around the globe each year-across all of its lines of business. For more information visit: http://Live.JurassicWorld.com
About Jurassic World
With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful franchises in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs-along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return alongside executive producers Steven Spielberg and Colin Trevorrow for Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Pratt and Howard are joined by co-stars James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Justice Smith, Geraldine Chaplin, Daniella Pineda, Toby Jones, Rafe Spall, while BD Wong and Jeff Goldblum reprise their roles.
Directed by J.A. Bayona (The Impossible), the epic action-adventure is written by Jurassic World's director, Trevorrow, and its co-writer, Derek Connolly. Producers Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley once again partner with Spielberg and Trevorrow in leading the team of filmmakers for this stunning installment. Belén Atienza joins the team as a producer. www.jurassicworld.com
About Feld Entertainment, Inc.
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that uplift the human spirit and bring people together. With millions of people in attendance at its shows each year, Feld Entertainment's productions have appeared in more than 75 countries and on six continents to date and include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Sesame Street Live! and Marvel Universe LIVE! More information about Feld Entertainment is available online at feldentertainment.com.
Performance art company, DRIP, will be closing it's International Drive (I-Drive), Orlando location at the end of January, 2018. After 5 successful years of bringing innovative, edgy dance shows and art events to the I-Drive area, DRIP will be closing the location to focus on new projects.
DRIP's remaining I-Drive shows will be performed every Friday and Saturday evening in January with it's final show on Saturday, January 27, 2018.
“Closing this location is bittersweet but exciting for our team. We put a huge amount of passion into everything created in that space and have amazing memories from the team interacting with the guests. We had terrific experiences over the last 5 years and are eager to re-focus and inject our creativity into the next project." explains DRIP founder and creative director Jessica Mariko. "We appreciate our fans and are looking forwards to playing with them again soon."
Since DRIP opened their International Drive location, they have produced over 700 shows, artistic events, concerts, festivals, fashion shows, private parties and corporate events. Experiences in the DRIP venue have included a super-hero show during the Megacon Convention, The Blind Date experience for couples during Valentine's Day, the Underground Vampire Bar experience in October, Gay Days events, Local Art Night, BASE Body Painting Art Events, and many more. DRIP has also been commissioned to develop creative experiences for companies such as Timex, Siemens, L'Oreal, Wrestlemania, and Kawasaki.
This is a great time to come out to DRIP if you've always wanted to go or if you are a repeat guest who wants to come one last time. Discounted tickets will be available in January for the remaining shows. Guests can get $25 general admission tickets (regularly $44) with promo code: FINALSPLASH on www.ILoveDRIP.com.
Your last chance to see DRIP on I-Drive is on January 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 (All Ages), 20, 26, and 27, 2018. DRIP shows are usually restricted to 18+ but they will open the Friday, January 19 show up to all ages as long as people under 18 are accompanied by a guardian. The All Ages show will remain edgy and will be the same show experience as the others. Each show is limited to a little over 100 people and it is recommended for guests to dress to get colorful. Shorts and flip flops are perfect. For tickets and to join DRIP's email list to stay in the loop of future projects, visit DRIP’s website at www.ILoveDRIP.com.
DRIP is currently located at 8747 International Dr. Ste. 102, Orlando, Fl 32819 on the backside of the building with Senor Frogs and Denny’s.
On Dec. 31, 2017, partygoers can ring in the New Year at Universal Orlando’s EVE at Universal CityWalk. As guests groove their way into 2018 on Orlando’s largest dance floor, they will also enjoy access to six CityWalk clubs with live bands and DJs, along with signature drinks and delicious gourmet cuisine.
EVE begins at 8 p.m. and the party doesn’t end until 2 a.m. Guests should grab tickets before Dec. 15 for special advance pricing. General admission to EVE includes:
(21+ only): Advance General Admission:$109.99 plus tax ($139.99 plus tax after 12/15)
Annual Passholder Advance Admission:$98.99 plus tax (Up to six discounted tickets, $125.99 plus tax after 12/15)
Universal Orlando’s EVE is just one of the elements taking place during the new destination-wide Holidays celebration. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.CityWalk.com/EVE.
We want to introduce you to our friend Nosey.
Two weeks ago, Nosey the Elephant was ordered to be taken away from her family and sent to the Tennessee Elephant Sanctuary. This questionable act is prompted by animal activists petitioning to send her to a facility that is known to have tuberculosis, which can be deadly to elephants. Their care and practices do not match the high standards of care that Nosey is used to getting. Instead of taking Nosey to a facility such as a zoo or a mutually agreed-upon location that would give Nosey the exemplary care that she is used to. One of Nosey's family members pointed out that they now have Nosey out in a pasture in 50-degree weather, temperatures she has never before been exposed to and could lead to her getting chilled and sick.
An animal control officer took it upon herself after allegedly receiving multiple phone calls and pressure from Broadway and movie actress Carol Burnett to seek out a court order to remove Nosey from the care of her family. Upon her inspection, she stated that she noticed Nosey swaying back in forth, which in her opinion is a sign of stress, even though she has never worked with elephants. The officer then reached out to an animal behaviorist from Texas who has also never seen or worked with Nosey the Elephant, leading Nosey’s family to ask, "What doctor in America is allowed to make a decision on a patient based on a picture or a statement?"
However, neither the judge nor the animal control officer was willing to contact the USDA for records or investigate with the USDA. The USDA is responsible for the care and standards for exotic animals, and understands that Nosey's family has been subject to many unannounced inspections. There have been several false accusations of abuse and mistreatment, based on information from a person who did not have hands-on knowledge of Nosey, and harassment from animal activists and a public figure, despite the fact that they have never taken the opportunity to meet Nosey or her family, or see her environment, and an equally uninformed judge ordered her to be taken away.
Sadly, this form of harassment has become the norm for Nosey the elephant's family. A very vocal group of activists have continuously followed the family and they have made it their goal to try to remove Nosey and other elephants from loving and caring environments. The USDA has inspected and found that the Liebel family has been in compliance with all regulations, and that the false accusations about her lameness and abuse are unfounded. When she is safely at home, Nosey the Elephant is under the watchful care of one of the top elephant doctors in the country, and is in very good health, both mentally and physically. If any of these activists were to spend any time around her, they would see just how much her love for her family is.
Family is the most important thing to Hugo Liebel. He comes from Budapest, Hungary, a ccommunist country where his family lost everything. He came to the United States and has raised his family here, and he believes in the freedom of speech and the American Way, but sadly, just like in Budapest, a vocal group of people have made it their life-long goal to destroy through lies.
The next hearing is scheduled for December 11, where the Liebel family is hoping that she will be returned to them. Please “like” Nosey’s page to follow the story.
Ranked as the best winter family vacation spot among destinations across the globe by U.S. News & World Report as well as the top warm-weather destination for winter travel by Wallethub, Orlando transforms into a winter wonderland this season – with a little extra sunshine.
Visitors can discover the very first Wizarding Christmas (open to all muggles), as well as dazzling holiday-themed firework displays, incredible parades and even a pyrotechnic-enhanced Nutcracker performance. Orlando pulls out all the stops for the most magical yuletide possible, including cheerful hotel packages and unforgettable holiday events to warm the soul, starting Nov. 9 through New Year’s Day.
Travelers can check out VisitOrlando.com/Christmas for more details and to start planning their perfect winter getaway.
New This Holiday Season
· Disney’s Hollywood Studios debuts the brand new Sunset Seasons Greetings, a projection light show, on Nov. 9. The Hollywood Tower Hotel and billboards lining the theme park’s Sunset Boulevard come to life to display holiday stories, with real falling snow and holiday music enhancing the spirit of the celebration.
· Universal Orlando will transform Hogwarts into a magical holiday extravaganza with Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, starting Nov. 18. Wizards and Muggles alike can watch in awe as Hogwarts Castle is illuminated with dazzling projections, savoring seasonal treats and drinks while listening to the famed Frog Choir and the wizarding world’s famous “Singing Sorceress” Celestina Warbeck.
· SeaWorld Orlando has two new holiday experiences starting Nov. 23. Dine with Rudolph gives guests an opportunity to enjoy the telling of his classic tale during a delicious feast featuring a menu filled with traditional holiday favorites served family-style. Santa Claus at Wild Arctic invites guests to take a ride to the top of the world to meet the Arctic’s most famous resident, Santa Claus, where they can take photos with the jolly old man himself.
Theme Park Holiday Events
Walt Disney World Resort Select nights Nov. 9- Dec. 31
· Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party presents a winter fairytale, as Queen Elsa covers Cinderella's Castle in glittering ice. Lively stage shows feature Disney characters in their holiday finery and a festive holiday parade sends toy soldiers and snow flurries dancing on Main Street U.S.A. Guests can enjoy complimentary cookies and hot cocoa around the park.
· Disney’s Hollywood Studios hosts Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!. The event features spectacular fireworks, special effects and holiday music classics every night, beginning Nov. 9.
· The Candlelight Processional at Epcot is a beloved Disney tradition, beginning Nov. 24. This joyous retelling of the biblical story of the origins of Christmas features a celebrity narrator, 50-piece orchestra and several magnificent choirs. The special line-up of narrators this year includes Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, Trace Adkins and Laurie Hernandez.
Universal Orlando Resort Select nights Nov. 18 - Jan.6
· At Universal Studios Florida, the Macy’s Holiday Parade fills the streets every evening with the larger-than-life balloons from Macy’s famous Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. Elaborate floats, dancers and live entertainment dazzle and delight guests.
· At Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Grinchmas descends on Seuss Landing with a live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s beloved holiday tale during, Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular, featuring the Whos from Who-ville and an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller.
SeaWorld Orlando Select nights Nov. 24 - Dec. 31
· Waves of holiday spirit splash in during SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration. Here in a wintry, watery wonderland, live shows inspired by the natural world light up the park with majesty and cheer, including a charming nativity show with live animals and meet-and-greet with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and friends.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort Select weekends Dec. 2-25
· At Christmas Bricktacular, families can block time to marvel at the more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree - made with 270,000 LEGO and DUPLO bricks - and pose for a perfect holiday picture with a life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh.
Holiday Events In and Around Orlando
· The City of Orlando’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place on Dec. 1 at Lake Eola Park featuring a 72-foot Christmas tree, live entertainment and a food truck bazaar.
· The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts features a host of holiday shows and concerts, from "Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis presents Big Band Holidays" to the Orlando Philharmonic’s “Home for the Holidays!”
Orange County Convention Center
· The Central Florida Ballet's fire-enhanced, Cirque du Soleil-inspired take onThe Nutcracker is known to many as the "pyrotechnic Nutcracker." It returns to the Orange County Convention Center's Linda Chapin Theater Dec. 16-17.
· The city’s Winter in the Park ice skating rink opens Nov. 27 and hosts an annual tree lighting ceremony, featuring carolers and a visit from Santa on Dec. 1. On Dec. 2, enjoy the area’s Ye Old Hometown Christmas Parade, the longest-running parade in Central Florida, now in its 65th year.
Holiday Cheer at Orlando Resorts
An Orlando holiday getaway wouldn’t be complete without a holly, jolly place to stay, and the destination’s wide variety of resorts join the festivities. The holiday spirit is shared in events, dining and entertainment, creating comfort and cheer around every corner.
· The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort offers guests the opportunity to host a personal holiday party with Mickey and Minnie or Anna and Elsa from “Frozen,” upon request (for a fee). Those who stay in top suites even get a butler to help wrap holiday gifts, decorate the suite and arrange a hot cocoa and cookie decorating party.
· The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel offers sweet holiday treats this year, including a Life-Size Chocolate Holiday Santa Scene in the Swan lobby, constructed with 2,000 pounds of real chocolate. The Dolphin’s newly renovated hotel lobby will offer even more holiday magic, with an indoor-snow fall and 24-fot tall Christmas tree. For the most amazing Night Before Christmas, guests can invite a fully-costumed elf to deliver milk and cookies to their room for a Christmas Eve bedtime story and tuck in.
· Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center returns with an Orlando holiday classic: ICE! At Gaylord Palms, featuring an elaborate tableau of interactive hand-carved ice sculptures and displays, Nov. 21 – Jan. 7. This year, ICE! has a new theme which showcases Christmas Around the World. Guests can see incredible scenes of holiday celebrations across multiple cultures as well as travel to the North Pole to see Santa and his elves at work.
A Unique New Year’s Eve in Orlando
Ring in 2018 in a big way at one of the destination’s many New Year’s Eve events. Some of the year’s biggest firework shows light up the night as fine dining, entertainment and champagne flow below.
· The Disney Countdown to Midnight at Disney’s Contemporary Resort sets a thrilling tone for the New Year, with a live DJ, dancing and libations, culminating with Magic Kingdom Park fireworks viewing and a champagne toast.
· On International Drive, those in for a glamorous and exciting New Year’s will find countless options for their party needs. From Blue Martini and Tapa Toro at Pointe Orlando to Howl at the Moon, guests will be in for a night of DJs, live music, decadent food choices and of course, fireworks.
· Those looking to party hard into the new year can head to Universal CityWalkfor jam-packed celebrations, including unique party zones, live music, unlimited gourmet cuisine and a pulse-pumping outdoor dance floor.
· Families can ring in the New Year before bedtime at Kids' New Year's Eve at LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Move and groove at an exclusive dance party, catch the giant LEGO brick drop at a kid-friendly hour and wind down the year with LEGO-inspired fireworks – all before midnight.
· Get the entire family together for New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld Orlando to welcome in 2018 with a splash. Guests can dance the night away with interactive DJ stations, special food and drink offerings, live music and a dazzling firework display, all while surrounded by their favorite aquatic creatures.
The Orlando Destination
Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks, Orlando is the No. 1 family vacation destination, Theme Park Capital of the World®, and most visited destination in the United States. An unparalleled mix of unique experiences create cherished memories for visitors, including legendary theme parks from Disney, Universal and SeaWorld, an array of world-class water parks, entertainment venues, an award-winning food scene, shopping, sports and nightlife. And, with 450 hotels, Orlando offers more lodging options than nearly any other destination in the world, from expansive resorts to uniquely themed hotels.