Performance art company, DRIP, will be closing it's International Drive (I-Drive), Orlando location at the end of January, 2018. After 5 successful years of bringing innovative, edgy dance shows and art events to the I-Drive area, DRIP will be closing the location to focus on new projects.
DRIP's remaining I-Drive shows will be performed every Friday and Saturday evening in January with it's final show on Saturday, January 27, 2018.
“Closing this location is bittersweet but exciting for our team. We put a huge amount of passion into everything created in that space and have amazing memories from the team interacting with the guests. We had terrific experiences over the last 5 years and are eager to re-focus and inject our creativity into the next project." explains DRIP founder and creative director Jessica Mariko. "We appreciate our fans and are looking forwards to playing with them again soon."
Since DRIP opened their International Drive location, they have produced over 700 shows, artistic events, concerts, festivals, fashion shows, private parties and corporate events. Experiences in the DRIP venue have included a super-hero show during the Megacon Convention, The Blind Date experience for couples during Valentine's Day, the Underground Vampire Bar experience in October, Gay Days events, Local Art Night, BASE Body Painting Art Events, and many more. DRIP has also been commissioned to develop creative experiences for companies such as Timex, Siemens, L'Oreal, Wrestlemania, and Kawasaki.
This is a great time to come out to DRIP if you've always wanted to go or if you are a repeat guest who wants to come one last time. Discounted tickets will be available in January for the remaining shows. Guests can get $25 general admission tickets (regularly $44) with promo code: FINALSPLASH on www.ILoveDRIP.com.
Your last chance to see DRIP on I-Drive is on January 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 (All Ages), 20, 26, and 27, 2018. DRIP shows are usually restricted to 18+ but they will open the Friday, January 19 show up to all ages as long as people under 18 are accompanied by a guardian. The All Ages show will remain edgy and will be the same show experience as the others. Each show is limited to a little over 100 people and it is recommended for guests to dress to get colorful. Shorts and flip flops are perfect. For tickets and to join DRIP's email list to stay in the loop of future projects, visit DRIP’s website at www.ILoveDRIP.com.
DRIP is currently located at 8747 International Dr. Ste. 102, Orlando, Fl 32819 on the backside of the building with Senor Frogs and Denny’s.
On Dec. 31, 2017, partygoers can ring in the New Year at Universal Orlando’s EVE at Universal CityWalk. As guests groove their way into 2018 on Orlando’s largest dance floor, they will also enjoy access to six CityWalk clubs with live bands and DJs, along with signature drinks and delicious gourmet cuisine.
EVE begins at 8 p.m. and the party doesn’t end until 2 a.m. Guests should grab tickets before Dec. 15 for special advance pricing. General admission to EVE includes:
(21+ only): Advance General Admission:$109.99 plus tax ($139.99 plus tax after 12/15)
Annual Passholder Advance Admission:$98.99 plus tax (Up to six discounted tickets, $125.99 plus tax after 12/15)
Universal Orlando’s EVE is just one of the elements taking place during the new destination-wide Holidays celebration. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.CityWalk.com/EVE.
We want to introduce you to our friend Nosey.
Two weeks ago, Nosey the Elephant was ordered to be taken away from her family and sent to the Tennessee Elephant Sanctuary. This questionable act is prompted by animal activists petitioning to send her to a facility that is known to have tuberculosis, which can be deadly to elephants. Their care and practices do not match the high standards of care that Nosey is used to getting. Instead of taking Nosey to a facility such as a zoo or a mutually agreed-upon location that would give Nosey the exemplary care that she is used to. One of Nosey's family members pointed out that they now have Nosey out in a pasture in 50-degree weather, temperatures she has never before been exposed to and could lead to her getting chilled and sick.
An animal control officer took it upon herself after allegedly receiving multiple phone calls and pressure from Broadway and movie actress Carol Burnett to seek out a court order to remove Nosey from the care of her family. Upon her inspection, she stated that she noticed Nosey swaying back in forth, which in her opinion is a sign of stress, even though she has never worked with elephants. The officer then reached out to an animal behaviorist from Texas who has also never seen or worked with Nosey the Elephant, leading Nosey’s family to ask, "What doctor in America is allowed to make a decision on a patient based on a picture or a statement?"
However, neither the judge nor the animal control officer was willing to contact the USDA for records or investigate with the USDA. The USDA is responsible for the care and standards for exotic animals, and understands that Nosey's family has been subject to many unannounced inspections. There have been several false accusations of abuse and mistreatment, based on information from a person who did not have hands-on knowledge of Nosey, and harassment from animal activists and a public figure, despite the fact that they have never taken the opportunity to meet Nosey or her family, or see her environment, and an equally uninformed judge ordered her to be taken away.
Sadly, this form of harassment has become the norm for Nosey the elephant's family. A very vocal group of activists have continuously followed the family and they have made it their goal to try to remove Nosey and other elephants from loving and caring environments. The USDA has inspected and found that the Liebel family has been in compliance with all regulations, and that the false accusations about her lameness and abuse are unfounded. When she is safely at home, Nosey the Elephant is under the watchful care of one of the top elephant doctors in the country, and is in very good health, both mentally and physically. If any of these activists were to spend any time around her, they would see just how much her love for her family is.
Family is the most important thing to Hugo Liebel. He comes from Budapest, Hungary, a ccommunist country where his family lost everything. He came to the United States and has raised his family here, and he believes in the freedom of speech and the American Way, but sadly, just like in Budapest, a vocal group of people have made it their life-long goal to destroy through lies.
The next hearing is scheduled for December 11, where the Liebel family is hoping that she will be returned to them. Please “like” Nosey’s page to follow the story.
Ranked as the best winter family vacation spot among destinations across the globe by U.S. News & World Report as well as the top warm-weather destination for winter travel by Wallethub, Orlando transforms into a winter wonderland this season – with a little extra sunshine.
Visitors can discover the very first Wizarding Christmas (open to all muggles), as well as dazzling holiday-themed firework displays, incredible parades and even a pyrotechnic-enhanced Nutcracker performance. Orlando pulls out all the stops for the most magical yuletide possible, including cheerful hotel packages and unforgettable holiday events to warm the soul, starting Nov. 9 through New Year’s Day.
Travelers can check out VisitOrlando.com/Christmas for more details and to start planning their perfect winter getaway.
New This Holiday Season
· Disney’s Hollywood Studios debuts the brand new Sunset Seasons Greetings, a projection light show, on Nov. 9. The Hollywood Tower Hotel and billboards lining the theme park’s Sunset Boulevard come to life to display holiday stories, with real falling snow and holiday music enhancing the spirit of the celebration.
· Universal Orlando will transform Hogwarts into a magical holiday extravaganza with Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, starting Nov. 18. Wizards and Muggles alike can watch in awe as Hogwarts Castle is illuminated with dazzling projections, savoring seasonal treats and drinks while listening to the famed Frog Choir and the wizarding world’s famous “Singing Sorceress” Celestina Warbeck.
· SeaWorld Orlando has two new holiday experiences starting Nov. 23. Dine with Rudolph gives guests an opportunity to enjoy the telling of his classic tale during a delicious feast featuring a menu filled with traditional holiday favorites served family-style. Santa Claus at Wild Arctic invites guests to take a ride to the top of the world to meet the Arctic’s most famous resident, Santa Claus, where they can take photos with the jolly old man himself.
Theme Park Holiday Events
Walt Disney World Resort Select nights Nov. 9- Dec. 31
· Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party presents a winter fairytale, as Queen Elsa covers Cinderella's Castle in glittering ice. Lively stage shows feature Disney characters in their holiday finery and a festive holiday parade sends toy soldiers and snow flurries dancing on Main Street U.S.A. Guests can enjoy complimentary cookies and hot cocoa around the park.
· Disney’s Hollywood Studios hosts Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!. The event features spectacular fireworks, special effects and holiday music classics every night, beginning Nov. 9.
· The Candlelight Processional at Epcot is a beloved Disney tradition, beginning Nov. 24. This joyous retelling of the biblical story of the origins of Christmas features a celebrity narrator, 50-piece orchestra and several magnificent choirs. The special line-up of narrators this year includes Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, Trace Adkins and Laurie Hernandez.
Universal Orlando Resort Select nights Nov. 18 - Jan.6
· At Universal Studios Florida, the Macy’s Holiday Parade fills the streets every evening with the larger-than-life balloons from Macy’s famous Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. Elaborate floats, dancers and live entertainment dazzle and delight guests.
· At Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Grinchmas descends on Seuss Landing with a live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s beloved holiday tale during, Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular, featuring the Whos from Who-ville and an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller.
SeaWorld Orlando Select nights Nov. 24 - Dec. 31
· Waves of holiday spirit splash in during SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration. Here in a wintry, watery wonderland, live shows inspired by the natural world light up the park with majesty and cheer, including a charming nativity show with live animals and meet-and-greet with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and friends.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort Select weekends Dec. 2-25
· At Christmas Bricktacular, families can block time to marvel at the more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree - made with 270,000 LEGO and DUPLO bricks - and pose for a perfect holiday picture with a life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh.
Holiday Events In and Around Orlando
· The City of Orlando’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place on Dec. 1 at Lake Eola Park featuring a 72-foot Christmas tree, live entertainment and a food truck bazaar.
· The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts features a host of holiday shows and concerts, from "Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis presents Big Band Holidays" to the Orlando Philharmonic’s “Home for the Holidays!”
Orange County Convention Center
· The Central Florida Ballet's fire-enhanced, Cirque du Soleil-inspired take onThe Nutcracker is known to many as the "pyrotechnic Nutcracker." It returns to the Orange County Convention Center's Linda Chapin Theater Dec. 16-17.
· The city’s Winter in the Park ice skating rink opens Nov. 27 and hosts an annual tree lighting ceremony, featuring carolers and a visit from Santa on Dec. 1. On Dec. 2, enjoy the area’s Ye Old Hometown Christmas Parade, the longest-running parade in Central Florida, now in its 65th year.
Holiday Cheer at Orlando Resorts
An Orlando holiday getaway wouldn’t be complete without a holly, jolly place to stay, and the destination’s wide variety of resorts join the festivities. The holiday spirit is shared in events, dining and entertainment, creating comfort and cheer around every corner.
· The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort offers guests the opportunity to host a personal holiday party with Mickey and Minnie or Anna and Elsa from “Frozen,” upon request (for a fee). Those who stay in top suites even get a butler to help wrap holiday gifts, decorate the suite and arrange a hot cocoa and cookie decorating party.
· The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel offers sweet holiday treats this year, including a Life-Size Chocolate Holiday Santa Scene in the Swan lobby, constructed with 2,000 pounds of real chocolate. The Dolphin’s newly renovated hotel lobby will offer even more holiday magic, with an indoor-snow fall and 24-fot tall Christmas tree. For the most amazing Night Before Christmas, guests can invite a fully-costumed elf to deliver milk and cookies to their room for a Christmas Eve bedtime story and tuck in.
· Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center returns with an Orlando holiday classic: ICE! At Gaylord Palms, featuring an elaborate tableau of interactive hand-carved ice sculptures and displays, Nov. 21 – Jan. 7. This year, ICE! has a new theme which showcases Christmas Around the World. Guests can see incredible scenes of holiday celebrations across multiple cultures as well as travel to the North Pole to see Santa and his elves at work.
A Unique New Year’s Eve in Orlando
Ring in 2018 in a big way at one of the destination’s many New Year’s Eve events. Some of the year’s biggest firework shows light up the night as fine dining, entertainment and champagne flow below.
· The Disney Countdown to Midnight at Disney’s Contemporary Resort sets a thrilling tone for the New Year, with a live DJ, dancing and libations, culminating with Magic Kingdom Park fireworks viewing and a champagne toast.
· On International Drive, those in for a glamorous and exciting New Year’s will find countless options for their party needs. From Blue Martini and Tapa Toro at Pointe Orlando to Howl at the Moon, guests will be in for a night of DJs, live music, decadent food choices and of course, fireworks.
· Those looking to party hard into the new year can head to Universal CityWalkfor jam-packed celebrations, including unique party zones, live music, unlimited gourmet cuisine and a pulse-pumping outdoor dance floor.
· Families can ring in the New Year before bedtime at Kids' New Year's Eve at LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Move and groove at an exclusive dance party, catch the giant LEGO brick drop at a kid-friendly hour and wind down the year with LEGO-inspired fireworks – all before midnight.
· Get the entire family together for New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld Orlando to welcome in 2018 with a splash. Guests can dance the night away with interactive DJ stations, special food and drink offerings, live music and a dazzling firework display, all while surrounded by their favorite aquatic creatures.
The Orlando Destination
Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks, Orlando is the No. 1 family vacation destination, Theme Park Capital of the World®, and most visited destination in the United States. An unparalleled mix of unique experiences create cherished memories for visitors, including legendary theme parks from Disney, Universal and SeaWorld, an array of world-class water parks, entertainment venues, an award-winning food scene, shopping, sports and nightlife. And, with 450 hotels, Orlando offers more lodging options than nearly any other destination in the world, from expansive resorts to uniquely themed hotels.
Save Big on Annual Passes & Overnight Stays!
LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is once again offering big savings with great offers that begin on Black Friday (Friday, Nov. 24) and continue through Cyber Monday (Monday, Nov. 27). This holiday shopping season, give the gift of awesome!
Instead of one day for deals, or even two, the place #BuiltForKids is launching three straight days to save on the date we call Brick Friday. Here are this year’s deals:
Save $50 on the Awesomer Annual Pass
Purchase an Awesomer Annual Pass (valued at $149 plus tax) for just $99 plus tax and receive a year of unlimited admission to LEGOLAND Florida Theme Park, LEGOLAND Water Park, The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds Orlando, SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando and Atlanta’s LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
Pass Members also get free parking, $15 off theme park tickets for up to six guests and a 10 percent discount on theme park dining, retail purchases, stays at LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, select VIP Experiences and Premium Play Bands.
The $99 price will be available online only at www.LEGOLAND.com/brickfridayweekendfrom Nov. 24-27, 2017, while supplies last, and is valid only for new pass purchases.
Guests can purchase a maximum of six $99 Awesomer Annual Passes per transaction; the discounted price cannot be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions. Please note that passes must be activated in person at the theme park within 60 days of purchase.
Room-and-ticket packages starting at $851
Take advantage of the best LEGOLAND Vacations rates for room-and-ticket packages in 2018!
Starting at just $851 per person, per day (plus tax), packages include a one-night stay at LEGOLAND Hotel, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat or a LEGOLAND Vacations partner hotel, plus two-day theme park tickets for each member of the party. Guests of LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Beach Retreat also enjoy a bountiful breakfast buffet every morning except the date of check-in.
This extraordinary offer is valid for stays from Jan. 2 through May 24, 20182. Book online at www.LEGOLAND.com/brickfridayweekend or by telephone at (888) 690-5346, Option 2, only from Friday, Nov. 24 through Monday, Nov. 27, subject to availability. Telephone agents are available daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern.
The package discount cannot be combined with other offers or applied to existing reservations or tickets.
Awesomer & Awesomest Annual Pass Members get 30 percent off overnight stays
Current Awesomer and Awesomest Annual Pass Members can save 30 percent off a stay at LEGOLAND Hotel or LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, an additional 20 percent added to the usual 10 percent Pass Member discount.
This discount is valid for stays at either property from Jan. 2 through May 24, 20183. To qualify, Awesomer and Awesomest Pass Members must book online atwww.LEGOLAND.com/brickfridayweekend or by telephone at (888) 690-5346, Option 2,only from Friday, Nov. 24 through Monday, Nov. 27, subject to availability. Telephone agents are available daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern.
The 30 percent discount cannot be combined with other offers or applied to existing reservations. A valid annual pass must be presented at check-in to receive the discounted rate.
Sign up to be among the first in line
To be among the first to participate in these incredible deals, sign up at www.LEGOLAND.com/brickfridayweekend. Everyone registered as of Thursday, Nov. 23 will receive an email with links to the Brick Friday offers as soon as the sale begins Friday, Nov. 24.
All offers are subject to limited availability and may sell out. Note that due to fraud protections, the same credit card cannot be used more than once within a 24-hour period, so shop wisely! Additional restrictions may apply.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort features more than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by popular LEGO and DUPLO brands, including awesome experiences based on “The LEGO Movie™,” “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu,” LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO City, LEGO Technic and LEGO Friends, plus the seasonal LEGOLAND Water Park.
For more information about savings on advance purchase of admission tickets, park hours, field trip programs, services for guests with disabilities, VIP experiences, teacher passes, military discounts and much more, visit www.LEGOLAND.com/florida.
On November 17, 2016, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! set a new Guinness World Record for the most expensive dress sold at auction when they acquired the dress from Julien’s Auctions for a staggering $4.8 million.